Do you want to build your own apps for the Apple Watch? Even if you have never coded before, you can build a watchOS app with our brand-new Apple Watch course.
You do not need any prior knowledge to take this course – it is perfect for beginners. The Apple Watch course begins by covering the fundamentals of the Swift programming language. You will learn how to use Xcode to create the layout and functionality of an iOS app.
If you do have experience developing for iOS, the Apple Watch course is your head start in developing for watchOS. You will learn the differences between coding for iOS and watchOS.
To learn how to develop for watchOS, we will create an Apple Watch app of our own in Xcode – from scratch. You will learn how to:
- Add a basic label to create the layout of your app
- Add and implement dates and timers
- Insert switches, sliders, and pickers
- Create different tables and context menus
- Insert images and movies into your Apple Watch apps
- Enable notifications
By the end of the Apple Watch course, you will have a functioning app that you can expand on to add your own ideas. You will be able to test the app like a user would. Let’s go!
- Writer of blog posts and books at Mammoth Interactive. Can also be found posting to Mammoth Interactive's social media.