Are you a web developer looking to get in on the ground floor of Canada’s next big tech company? This job is for you. Most suited to a person who is just entering the industry and needs some real world experience, you will spend this initial phase of your career doing paid high level work – instead of fetching coffee or doing grunt work.
While creating content that will boost your resume, you will also be making a difference in students’ lives. Mammoth Interactive provides over 250,000 students worldwide with the tools they need to bring their ideas to life. Every employee at Mammoth Interactive creates online training content to share their knowledge and process with our students.
You must be a quick learner and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This is an Independent Contractor position. Great opportunity for a working interview, to potentially get your foot in the door as the company expands.
Mammoth Interactive has created a diverse set of video games, apps, and online training content people are passionate about. Several of our apps have risen to the top of the App Store, and we have a licensing deal with Nickelodeon. Over 250,000 students take our online courses – and the numbers are always growing.
Mammoth Interactive has a great office atmosphere, and is the perfect place for someone who has been trained and wants experience working with industry leaders. Come join us to achieve your career goals!
DAY IN THE LIFE
What does a typical day look like for a Mammoth Interactive Mentor/Web Developer? Your job will be to develop websites, web apps and code snippets for our customers to use. You will also teach students how to build websites and web apps through recorded screencasts.
- Produce audio and video content for tutorials on how to code
- Be able to produce and adapt code from websites
- Be willing to take on different responsibilities as needed
- Build websites from scratch
- Design websites
- Build simple web apps
- Experience with other platforms and languages is a plus
- Familiarity with web frameworks like Node.js or React.js
- Must be a team player
- Ability to convey technical details in an easy-to-understand and persuasive manner, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organizational skills/time management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, even in a constantly changing, lean, ambiguously defined operating environment
- Ability and desire to continually learn and grow and to help others
- Quick learner. Will need to develop expertise in various products in order to guide students
- Exceptional communication skills (English language), including:
– Active listening
– Proven writing and editing skills
– Professional and confident audio/video presence
We give props to candidates with great degrees, although we’re more interested in your experience, life story and demonstrable skills.