Calling all online learners: here’s your pep talk.
It’s hard work to learn online. Know that what you’re doing is worth it. All your dedication and hours in front of the computer will pay off.
Take a step back.
You’re not just watching some tutorials. Remember your goal, your dream, your reason for even signing up for this course. Let that ground you.
Get yourself a calendar, and draw an X on each day that you study. As the days go on, you won’t want to break the chain.
You should be proud for applying yourself to what you know you want to do. You can do it. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t code, or that there’s not a place for you in the industry.
Don’t worry about making mistakes. As long as you’re practicing, you’re getting there.
Don’t just work.
If you’re tired, take a break. You deserve it. Studying for hours on end isn’t much help if you’re not doing it effectively. Treat yo self.
Don’t stress out. You don’t need to take yourself too seriously. Remember that there’s always a solution to the problem.
Coding can get frustrating, but remember you’re not alone. We here at Mammoth Interactive believe in you. We can’t wait to see what you make!
- Writer of blog posts and books at Mammoth Interactive. Can also be found posting to Mammoth Interactive's social media.
- Mammoth News2017.06.08New course available! Mastering Core Image: XCode’s Image Recognition and Processing Framework
- Inspiration2017.06.08Best of Reddit’s Inconvenient Volume Controllers
- Mammoth News2017.06.03Latest news and discounts from Mammoth Interactive!
- Online Learning2017.05.31when gamedev stresses you out and you just want to look at pictures of muffins