Learn to code for Android app development in Mammoth Interactive’s latest course. A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Coding in Kotlin is perfect for beginner coders or anyone wanting to learn Java’s replacement language.
Kotlin is the brand-new programming language for Android app development that is taking Java by storm. Join programming expert Nimish Narang in this course on the basics of Kotlin. Nimish has extensive experience teaching app development as an instructor at Mammoth Interactive. Start learning to code today in this Number 1 course on Kotlin.
Is this course for me?
This course is devoted to Kotlin’s language basics and comparing the syntax to Java. We target beginners and cover core topics in depth. If you’re an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin’s unique syntax.
What Will I Learn?
1. The major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin’s new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages.
2. Collection types, which Kotlin allows us to customize. We’ll begin by looking at the simple collection types and then look at more advanced ones.
3. Control flow. Kotlin has some new statements not found in Java. Kotlin also provides the brand-new ability to turn control flow statements into expressions, which is a powerful capability that has a lot of potential. We will look at the basics and syntax, always relating back to real-life examples.
4. Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin. Beginners will learn how to use functions, and more advanced developers will benefit from the introduction to Kotlin’s new syntax.
5. Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin.
Why Should I Learn Kotlin?
Kotlin is an innovative programming language for app development. You don’t have to use Java to make Android apps anymore! With Kotlin, you can write concise and powerful code. Kotlin is awesome because it is compatible with existing Java-based technologies.
Throughout the course, we will compare Kotlin and Java. Java is a popular programming language that many developers use to create content for the Web. Kotlin is a lot more syntactically flexible than Java. This allows you to have more fine control over how you write code to accomplish the tasks you want. You can insert an aspect of personality into code and write it how you want it to be read. It’s easy to incorporate Kotlin into existing projects and applications.
What are the requirements?
- A working computer onto which you can install Kotlin and Android Studio
- Java coding skills are helpful but not required
Take this course to learn how to code apps faster in an emerging programming language. Enroll today to join the Mammoth community.
Stay in touch with us:
- Get deals in your email via our newsletter
- Support us on Patreon
- Connect with us on Twitter
- Read our reviews on Facebook
- Writer of blog posts and books at Mammoth Interactive. Can also be found posting to Mammoth Interactive's social media.